The Jordan brand does insanely well at outperforming retail sales but it’s never had a retail store, until now! On February 1st, 2014 Nike welcomed sneakerheads, celebrities, and professional athletes to join them in the unveiling of the 1st Jordan Flight 23 retail store in North America. To be more precise, the 1st Flight 23 store is located in NYC at 225 34th Street between 7th and 8th Avenue, near Madison Square Garden. Flight 23 will carry the latest Air Jordan sneaker releases, apparel, footwear, and more.
Jordan Brand president Larry Miller, filmmaker Spike Lee and Footaction CEO Jake Jacobs.
Unlacing the laces. Nice creative touch.
Carmelo Anthony at the grand opening of Flight 23 in NYC.
The exterior of the store entrance.
The following sneakers were available for Flight 23’s grand opening:
- Melo M10 – Black History Month
- Melo M10 – Black/White
- Melo 1.5 Black/Red/White
- Jordan XX8 SE – Black/White
- Jordan XX8 SE – Black/Grey/Blue
- Jordan XX8 SE – Powder Blue
- Air Jordan I – Black History Month Black/Purple
- Air Jordan I – Black History Month Burgundy/Gold
- Air Jordan I Premium – Red/Army/White
- Air Jordan I – Red/Blk/White
- Air Jordan I – Blk/Red/Green
- Air Jordan I – Black/Gold
Images courtesy of nikeinc.com